Monday, March 16, 2009

You and Me.

I just got home from San Diego last night. I'll let ya know how my trip went.
Friday Morning, My grandma is late my mom wants to punch her. They were all going with me to the airport. I havn't flown since I was like 7 years old and I was a little intimidated by going through security. I got there and was just fine, I was on a standby pass to get out there. If you don't know what a standby pass is its you waiting to see if there is going to be a spot for you on the plane. It looked good about 20 minutes before they were boarding then all of a sudden they are looking for someone to transfer to a different plane. It got oversold and it didn't look like I was going to get on. I was in a panic. I didn't want to change flight but I would if I absolutly had to, not that I had a choice if this went badly. At the very last minute the lady called me forward and said "today is your lucky day miss, you better run its the very last one on the right outside." AHH I booked it in flip flops with two very full bags that didn't have wheels on them. I got there just in time and sat by a very nice man from Scotland. He was awesome and had the coolest accent EVER! He helped me with my bag and put it in for me. He was talking about Spanish Fork and I told him that's where I was from. It was cool to talk to him. I flew into Longbeach Airport. It was such a small airport which didn't intimidate me as badly. I turned on my phone and listened to my messages. Dave just had called me and said he was off work and showering and he would be there as soon as possible. I sat at the airport for a little less than an hour, until Dave's car pulled up. I got to see his base that day. I was informed that I better hope that no one important doesnt see me with a belt on. I could get banned from base if I dont have a belt on when I am in base. Apparently not having a belt is NOT proper civilian attiar. (haha ohh the marines) It was cool to see, I didn't expect it to be like an actual city but it was very cool. I met Dave's friend Paul Simpson (aka: pimpson.) We went and got a hotel which was very nice, in a city right outside of base called San Clemente. It was cute, and close by. After we got the hotel set up we went out to eat at a burger place which was pretty good. He asked what I wanted to do after I said I dont care we could go down to the beach or the hotel, he said, lets go to the beach. (I should have seen this one comin) We were down by the ocean and the tide came up a little higher than we both though and it got in his shoes, and his socks. HA I was laughing at him when he said I gotta check my shoes, he bent down, on one knee... and held my hands and said "Heather Hill, will you marry me?" AH YES PLEASE. I didn't see it comin, I mean I knew it was going to but I didn't think it would be just then. I said YES don't you worry and we sort of made out on the beach a lot lot lot. But I can do that now I have a fiance. We snuggled a lot while I was down there, Played on the beach. We ate at this really good restaurant at Dana Point. It's called Proud Mary's. If you are ever in the area go there, it's awesome. We drove out to Old Town. Walked around and bought some taffy for my aunt who is in love with it. We mostly just snuggled a lot. It was so awesome to get to be with him and the weekend went by way too fast. But I'm engaged now to this awesome man that I want to spend the rest of my life with. Friend's I'll keep you updated on when a day might be. I'll find out maybe at the end of this month or the beginning of April,(I have to share my life with the marine corps for 2 and a half more years) and I am starting plans for a wedding. If you have any idea's that you think would be helpful PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE throw them at me I'm accepting of all ideas and I don't know what the heck I'm doing anyways. So let me know.

You and Me by Lifehouse, that's it You and Me davey forever plus 3 days.

2 comments:

Bethie Ann said...

AHH!!! That's so cute! Heather, don't worry. All of us girls will help you plan the wedding of your dreams. I've been a bridesmaid 4 times... I know what I'm doing :) lol! I'll see ya a work!

Ben and Janelle said...

I barely saw you at work as you were coming and I was going, but I want to make sure you know that I'm happy for you! Being engaged and getting married is so awesome! :)